Let’s talk essential oils first
Our array of essential oils at home is like our very own pharmacy. We use them to treat specific skin issues and to provide our skin with benefits from their antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Frankincense is the #1 essential oil for anti-aging. It hails from the Burseraceae botanical family. You may recognize it from one of its 52 biblical references and its use as a holy oil. However, its anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties are perfect for your skincare.
- Lavender comes from the Labiatae (aka mint) botanical family and is found in France as well as the United States. It is a great essential oil to balance your body and fix wherever there is an issue. It is great for treating acne, any skin allergies, dry skin, aging skin, inflammation, itchy skin, scars, sunburn, and wounds.
- Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree) hails from the Myrtaceae botanical family and is found in Australia. The leaves have historically been used by aborigines to heal wounds and skin infections because of its immune-building properties. This essential oil cleanses the skin and is a wonderful treatment for acne, skin allergies, infections, inflammation, rashes, sunburn, and wounds.
- Roman Chamomile comes from the Compositae (aka daisy) botanical family. Chamomile is nicknamed the healing plant and increases the ability of the skin to regenerate. It helps eczema, acne, rashes, and sensitive skin. Its calming properties can help eliminate stress and bring peace.
- Lemon hails from the Rutaceae (aka citrus) botanical family and is used to help brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing dead skin cells from the epidermis. It is also known for its antioxidant properties and it’s fragrance is invigorating, enhancing and warming.
We also use these important essential oils in our products: grapefruit, peppermint, geranium, royal Hawaiian sandalwood, carrot seed, rosemary, clary sage, patchouli, cypress, thieves, rosehip seed, myrrh, citrus, lemongrass, rose, lime, cedarwood, and wild orange. Each essential oil has a specific purpose in our skincare line. If you would like more information on essential oils send us an email and we would happily help you out. email@example.com
Carrier Oils are just as important and also provide their own health benefits for your skin!
We never go anywhere without coconut oil!
- Extra Virgin Coconut oil strengthens underlying tissues and removes dead skin cells. The medium-chain triglycerides act as a natural skin conditioner. Most importantly, it provides deep and real moisture! Many products in the marketplace list their first ingredient as water, which only gives the illusion of hydration. We believe coconut oil is the right way to hydrate the skin.
- Vitamin E Oil is a must have for anti-aging! It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helps prevent age spots because of its antioxidant properties. It is a natural moisturizer that protects the skin cells from damage and maintains the skin’s oil balance.
- Avocado oil nourishes and balances your skin's moisture levels. It is effective in producing collagen and treating age spots. It also provides the skin with necessary vitamins, A,D, and E.
- Jojoba oil tightens and moisturizes the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It is rich in vitamin E and has natural antioxidants. It also leaves a protective layer on the epidermis and is the closest oil to the skin’s natural sebum.
- Sweet Almond Oil softens, soothes, and conditions the skin. It reduces dark circles and restores pH balance. It is a great oil for all skin types and is effective in removing dirt and debris from the pores. It also gives the skin a facelift effect!
We also use these important organic carrier oils: shea butter, extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil, meadowfoam seed oil, castor seed oil, macadamia nut oil, argan oil, peach kernel oil, and safflower oil.
How can I get a spa worthy facial in the comfort of my home?
Using all of that information on carrier oils and essential oils, here are 5 steps to give yourself the perfect at-home facial:
1. Pull your hair back; it’s time to get started! Remove dirt and oil from your skin’s surface by gently cleansing your face and neck with our Forever Young Face Wash.
2. Exfoliate! This helps to unclog the surface of the skin and allowing our products to penetrate the skins surface effectively. Apply our new Rooibos & Mint Exfoliating Facial Cleanser by gently massaging into your skin for about 30 seconds.
3. Get Seamy! Warmth softens the skin and increases circulation. To steam at home, you can use a facial towel soaked in hot water. Check the temp of the towel before placing on your face.
4. Mask! Choose between our Mother Earth Mask (for aging skin/uneven skintone) or our Déveopé Detox Mask (for oily/blemished skin). Apply mask massaging the skin in circles and leave on for 20 minutes. Use one of our Toner Tonics after the mask has been removed.
5. Moisturize! Apply our Dr. Earth Hydrating Face Cream and Fountain of Youth Hydrating Eye Cream to the skin and you’ve just had the best facial you’ll ever experience!